How To Fix Defective Keys On My Keyboard?

We always asked "How to repair my keyboard?" or "How to fix defective keys on my keyboard?". Before, I was able to fix desktop and laptop keyboards. How did I done that? Okay! I am going to give you a hint on how did I done that. 

But before we continue, please read the site policy.
If you have already read this policy, continue reading this post.

First disassembled it right? then look for the burned carbon resistor printed on the plastic board or circuit board if it is in an old keyboard model. Then look for a stranded wire about 3 to 5 times larger than your hair. You can also use the stranded wire from power supply. Tape it on the burned carbon printed lines on the plastic circuit board of your keyboard better if you use transparent tape. Check if all lines are connected or shunted using the stranded wire, then try it. 

You can use my technique but this fix is not permanent. This shunt will burned some of new lines on your keyboard or some keys will not worked after a month or less than a month. Other use a pencil to shunt the lines on the keyboard.

So, is this the solution? Well this fix is not the solution you are looking for. Nowadays, electronic ink pen is sold in the market. If you can purchase one of this hopefully it will solve your problem. I am not saying that you should buy that or I recommended it to you. I have not yet tested the electronic ink pen. But probably that pen could be the solution for your problem. Same technique you should apply, you have to shunt the carbon using the conductive ink but the lines are too small you may have to use a magnifying glass.

So, to the question, Can I Fix Defective Keys On My Keyboard? for me now is a "NO". 
But if you tried the electronic ink pen and successfully fix your keyboard I think it's a "YES"


Here are my sample of laptop and desktop keyboard with burned carbon lines on it.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Most Common Problems on Automatic Voltage Regulator

How To Repair USB Or PS2 Mouse

Typical Computer Headset Wiring Diagram - Barkingmode.